Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Interview Stories and Komives III

I really enjoyed the first few interview stories in class today. I think my favorite was the woman who works in the white house. It was really interesting to me to see women with that kind of power in the "most important" house in America! Also, I'm pretty glad to have mine out of the way, as well as glad that I think it went pretty well.
Komives is such a dense book I have some issues writing about it in this blog. I thought that part III was insightful if a little dull. The authors talked about how leaders need confidence to succeed and I believe this is pretty true. My favorite quote from the section was this. "strength is not in the individuals, but in the team" I think that quote really speaks to what leadership means to me. Leadership and group dynamics are never really any stronger than their weakest link. This is important to remember in any kind of leadership situation.
I also thought the section about group dynamics was really interesting. I liked reading about the different stages of group development. Forming, Storming, Norming, and Performing are important steps in group formation and it was sort of neat to actually see a name put to that.

No comments: