Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ads for the presentation - sex appeal

So, here one of the ads that I found, below is a similar ad that I think we could use with this one. The first is showing that beautiful women (star ballerina's) can get guys. The second as is obviously showing that men have to be the hero to get beautiful women. Basially, just furthering the stereotypes - or perhaps making them. These ads were from 1955.
I can't remember which ads I was supposed to look for & which Alli was going to - but I found a ton, so I just did both.
For these ads, I think we could refrence Wilson, from chapter 7. Here she talks about Barbie. She mentions unrealistic body images. Which I definitly think the ballerina portrays that. Also, on page 123, she quotes the NY Times - "'Companies rush to create emotional relationships...centered on idealized notions of how their bodies should look & what they should buy...'"

No comments: