Wednesday, November 14, 2007

4 and 5

I was really excited to realize that part's four and five were a lot like the last part that we read in that the Komives book is getting a lot eaiser to read. The social change model made a lot more sense to me than the relational leadership model and the comparison of the two was interesting to read about. There are seven main principals that you have to go by in the social change model and each of these principals are important. Congruence was my favorite one of these seven principals because I really like the idea that streamlining your own personal principals with the ideals and goals of a group can help the group function with a lot more ease. As well, I liked the part where they talked about Ghandi's son finding peace. The principals that were mentioned were principals that I am familliar with because they are very important to the Buddhist religion. Some of these truths are wealth without work, politics without principal, and religion without sacrafice. My favorite was definately wealth without work because I think this is important to reflect on. When you give someone something that they didnt work for, it never seems to work out well. This is really important to reflect on when it comes to leadership because getting something that you didn't work for doesn't pave the way for good leadership.
Part 5 was about change within yourself. Self transformation is also an essential part of leadership. This is also especially important for women in leadership roles because changing and remaining dynamic in your leadership role is always important. I find myself often getting caught up with life and forgetting that in order to be a good leader you have to stay fresh and currnet in your role and change within yourself is really important for this.
thats all for now!

No comments: