Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Speaker

I had sort of mixed feelings about the speaker this week. I liked her because I like the image that she projected as a strong female role model and a woman who's overcome so much in her life. However, throughout her discussion I felt a little discouraged because I had a lot of trouble following her. I consider myself a pretty intelligent human being, but some of the stuff that she was talking about, especially some of the more technical language went over my head. I really loved listening to her speak because she had some really interesting things to say about woman forcing their way into the workplace and disregarding barriers that may have held us down in the past. I just think that her analytical and formulaic way of approaching these things was not catered to my tastes. That being said, I really look forward to the other guest speakers that are scheduled to talk to the class. I'm excited to hear the stories of more and more women who have defied the stereotypes of female submission and gone on to great success in business, the workplace, and beyond.

No comments: